Condo Insurance

Condos that are owner occupied should be written on the HO-6 form. The dwelling coverage on this type of property is to cover the portion of the home that is the owner's responsibility. The condo association will insure a portion of the building and the condo owner will insure a portion. The condo association documents will describe what is they are responsible for. The purpose of the HO-6 is to cover where the association policy drops off. If a condo has rental exposure, it can written on the HO-6 form if the insurance company will allow it. You will need to add an endorsement call "unit owners rental to others", for which there will be a premium. 

Click here for a condo insurance quote.